Wednesday, November 03, 2010

It all started with a pap smear...

Normally, after school, the girls just hang in the library with me and then we run home as soon as we chase the last rug rat home.  Today, however, I was scheduled for my annual gyno-visit.  Nice, huh?   Not something I look forward to, especially since at this one the doctor informed me that I moved up to the next age bracket, would have to get a mammogram and had not lost any weight.  (The cup is half-full, though -- I had not gained any either!)  (And, PS, the age bracket now puts me in the same age bracket as my mother-in-law ... it's a bit unsettling!)

Since I had to leave school fairly early to go be insulted at the doctor's office, my mom picked up the girls from school.  Therefore, I had to go back out to my mom's to pick them up after my appointment.  Made for a somewhat long-ish day.

Then Brian called and said he'd start warming up our beef (for french dip sammies) and that reminded me that I needed bread (for french dip sammies) and tater tots.  After we left my mom's we went to United Supermarket and got bread and taters and headed home.

On our way home, we drove by the community center and noticed quite a commotion in the parking lot... wait... what?  They were filming *the* movie right there!!  And by "they" I mean Ben Affleck and Rachel McAdams.

Go ahead - scream!  I did!

I called Brian to fill him in.  Voice Mail.  I called Heather since she lives in that general area to see if she wanted to celebrity stalk with us.  Voice Mail.  I called my mom  She pulled OUT of the line at KFC (which isn't easy because the line is curbed in) and lead-footed it across town to join us.

So, I circled the block and said, "WOW!  It's Ben Affleck!"  To which Hadley replied, "MOMMA!!  Does the word, 'married' mean anything to you????!!!" 

We  pulled into a parking lot across from the Price tower AND the community center and watched Ben and Rachel kiss and twirl and hug and he picked her up and they crossed the street -- THEN?  They were right across the street from us.  RIGHT ACROSS THE STREET!!  Someone yelled cut and someone else got Ben & Rachel coats and we giggled!

I remembered I had my camera in my purse.  I didn't take the pictures, though.  They could arrest me.  SO, I tossed the camera to Briley in the back seat because even if they arrested her, she's a minor and her record would be erased in 12 years.

FINALLY, after months of *hearing* about Ben and Rachel and the movie... I get to see it in action!  (Pun intended!)  The last pic I took while driving... yes, I'm aware that "distracted driver" laws went into effect on Monday, but they'll have to pry my cold dead fingers off my camera once they catch me and my outlaw camera!


Rachel & Ben (with his back to us - trust me... it's him!)
 My crazy mom driving by and obstructing Briley's view!
 Ben & Rachel

 Ben & Rachel -- see?  Told ya it was Ben!

And actual scene!  Ben & Rachel kissing!

Warming up...

A scene where they are getting crossing back across the street!

Under the parking garage at the Price Tower!

Driving by -- Ben is the blu-ish blob and Rachel is the reddish blob.

Ahhh -- my 15 minutes of fame!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG when the crew leaves town it is going to be boring, but on the bright side I will save on gas,eat dinner and breakfast on time and will stay home more and will stop reading Heather's blog, just to see if she has seen Ben or Jen, As many "retakes" as they did for that"kiss" it has to be the ending,Oh to live a life of retakes with Benny. How long is it until Christmas?????

Anonymous said...

Heather - you are hilarious. I have yet to have a Ben sighting. I'm living vicariously through everyone else in the ville.

Anonymous said...

AYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! How was that for a scream???? I love them both!!!!! So jealous that you get to see all the action up there. SIGH.... living vicariously through you up there as well down here in A-town.

Muche said...

YOU DID IT!!! Now I believe you!